Participate in Our New Video Project
Posted on December 04, 2012, by Half the Sky Movement Team
As the year comes to a close, we want to highlight all that you’ve done for the Half the Sky Movement. We’ll be creating a short video montage of our supporters, and we'd love to feature you.
If you’ve taken action because of the Half the Sky Movement, please take a minute and, in front of a camera, tell us what you’ve done this year. We want to hear about all types of actions — anything from signing a petition to starting your own organization. If you held an event and have video footage, we'd love to see that, too! Alternatively, you can send photos and descriptions of what you’ve been up to. Please submit your videos and photos by next Monday, December 10 to email@example.com
Save your photos in the highest resolution possible. If the file exceeds 10MB, you can send it for free via wesendit.
A few tips on filming yourself:
- Make sure you’re in a quiet, well lit room. Place your recording device on a stable surface and make sure you’re in focus. Keep the video to two minutes if you can. You can use your smartphone, computer camera or digital camera and save the video as a Quicktime .mov file. If you want to show off your tech savvy, you can use the following formats: a Quicktime .mov file with h.264 compression, preferably at a 5 mbps data rate. Audio should be 48k and AAC compression or better.
What to say:
- Tell us your name and where you’re from.
- Personalize the statement: “Half the Sky Movement inspired me to _______.”
- Sum up your action in a complete sentence or two. You can elaborate further after that. For example, what was the impact of your action? What are your plans going forward?
- Tell us what inspired you. Maybe you watched the film and wanted to help combat sex trafficking in Southeast Asia. Maybe you read about Malala Yousafzai in Pakistan and wanted to advocate for girls’ access to education. Whatever the reason, we want to know!
We know the Half the Sky Movement supporters to be some of the most passionate, creative go-getters around, and we can’t wait to see your submissions!